- A Medicare Supplement is health insurance sold by private insurance companies to fill the “gaps” in Original Medicare Plans.
- You must have Part A and Part B.
- You pay a monthly premium for your Medigap policy (also known as a medicare supplement) in addition to your monthly Part B premium.
- Does not cover Part D prescription drugs.
- Only covers one person. Spouses must buy separate policies.
- It’s important to compare Medigap policies since the costs can vary and may go up as you get older.
- Medicare does not pay for all the costs of medical care and hospital visits.
- Medicare supplement insurance allows you to keep your own doctor, specialist, and hospital (providing they take Medicare patients).
- Benefits and riders offered:
- Basic Medicare Supplement
- Part A Deductible
- Additional Home Health Care
- Foreign Travel
- Part B Deductible
- Part B Excess
REMINDER: Sassman Insurance is a brokerage, which means we offer multiple Medicare Supplement insurance carriers.