- May be HMO, PPO, or a MSA (Medical Savings Account).
- May include prescription drug coverage.
- Run by private insurance companies.
- If you join a Medicare Advantage Plan, you are still in Medicare.
- Some plans have no monthly premium.
- You generally get all your Medicare-covered health care through the plan.
- You may get extra benefits such as vision coverage, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs.
- You will usually pay some other costs such as co-payments for the services you get. Out of pocket costs in these plans are generally lower than in original medicare but vary by the services you use.
- Plan availability is based on your county residence.
REMINDER: Sassman Insurance is a brokerage, which means we offer multiple Medicare Advantage insurance carriers.